Celebrating Jon Kabat Zinn’s 76-year-old birthday


Today is Jon Kabat Zinn’s 76-year-old birthday.  I was in the daily meditation Jon had been running daily on weekdays since March (this week is the 10th week). http://www.wisdom2conference.com/live

The group has been organizing for Jon's birthday celebrations for weeks via the Whatsapp groups.  There was a google slide with hundreds of greeting cards, gratitude, and loving words from the community, and a map of love which we marked our presence.  https://youtu.be/5QyFGzd6rTo

This was the happiest birthday celebration party. I have ever attended.  There was so much love, so much passion, so much gratitude, and appreciation. Jon has been so generous, so caring conducting these daily meditation sessions.  He had helped the community in getting through these COVID stressful moments.

I did not think that I will be so joyful attending this birthday celebration. But I did, when I saw all the passion and love coming from so many people across the globe. I was also really happy that Jon was so moved.  He originally said that we were going to use 10 min for the celebration.  We ended up spending the entire hour on the birthday celebration, and even after Jon left, to continue the celebration.  😊

Aside from the greeting card and the map of love, people also sang, played piano, flute, guitar.  These were real celebrations.  People made cards, food, and actually sharing through Zoom's lens with the community.  Many of us wore red because red represents love.

I don't think many people are so loved by so many people across the world.  Jon devoted his time to help others.  He was generous, genuine, and full of compassion.  He really cares and wants to help.  I enjoyed the sharing session after his daily meditation.  He totally deserved such a warm, heartfelt celebration from all the people who loved him, be grateful for his generosity and kindness.

As I am writing this, I was still very moved and touched by Jon’s birthday celebration.  Throughout the day, I was wondering, will I ever be able to do so much good to generate so much love and appreciation? I may not.  But I will do my best in the giving.

#JonKabat-Zinn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea meditation - Plum Village

Mindfulness of Breathing

5 Daily Recollections (2) - Sickness