Five Rememberances


I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old. (Bell)
I am of the nature to have ill-health. There is no way to escape having ill-health. (Bell)
I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death. (Bell)
All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change.
There is no way to escape being separated from them. (Bell)

I inherit the results of my actions of body, speech, and mind.
My actions are my continuation. (Bell,Bell)

Gatha on Impermanence
The day is now ended. Our lives are shorter.
Let us look carefully. What have we done?
Noble Sangha, with all our heart,
Let us be diligent, engaging in the practice.
Let us live deeply, free from our afflictions, aware of impermanence
so that life does not drift away without meaning. (Bell,Bell)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea meditation - Plum Village

Mindfulness of Breathing

5 Daily Recollections (2) - Sickness