Five daily re-collections (3) - Death

It is challenging to contemplate our own demise.  

What is the most amazing thing in all lives?

ANS. That human see all things die around them, but we live our lives as if we are never going to die.

Mindfulness of death - 7 days retreat 

Sunvega - a sense of urgency.

The days are passing. How well am I spending my time? misalignment problem - the way we live our lives tend to misalign with our values.  spending ]most of the time watching TV, movie, surfing web.

We embrace this reflection as enlivening, supporting us waking up during life, waking up during the moment of death to prepare for it, to let go into death, into deathless (anavana).

Keep this reflection close with you, with a sense of aliveness, with a sense that we are going to die. We are all going to die.  Keep death on your shoulders.

1. I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old.

2. I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape having ill-health.

3. I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death.

4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. 
     There is no way to escape being separated from them.

5. My deeds are my closest companions. I am the beneficiary of my deeds. 
    My deeds are the ground on which I stand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea meditation - Plum Village

Mindfulness of Breathing

5 Daily Recollections (2) - Sickness