Five Daily Recollections (1) - Aging IMC Nikki 08.17.2020


1. I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old.

2. I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape having ill-health.

3. I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death.

4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. 
     There is no way to escape being separated from them.

5. My deeds are my closest companions. I am the beneficiary of my deeds. 
    My deeds are the ground on which I stand.


I am of a nature to grow old; 
I cannot avoid aging.

I am subject to illness and infirmity;
I cannot avoid illness and infirmity.

I am of a nature to die;
I cannot avoid death.

I will be parted from all that is dear
and beloved to me

I am the owner of my actions and heir to my actions.
Actions are the womb from which I have sprung.
My actions are my relations;
my actions are my protection.
Whatever actions I do,
Both wholesome and unwholesome,
Skillful and unskillful,
Of these, I shall become the heir.


Acceptance
Having a wise perspective of how to use our precious vitality
how to see enlightenment benefit of spending the vitality, the energy that we have
Buddhism practice both internally and externally.
externally, you consider the aging of everyone around you... allow that to open your heart for compassion for everyone around you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea meditation - Plum Village

Mindfulness of Breathing

5 Daily Recollections (2) - Sickness